We support care experienced young people in Dundee to participate in the Dundee Champions Board – a forum where their views are represented, officials are tasked with actions and meaningful change in policy is delivered by young people and professional staff working together. Young people also decide on a topic for each meeting.
The Champions Board is held at the end of each quarter and membership of the group includes representation from Care Experienced Young People and Corporate Parents. Those Corporate Parents include professionals from the Local Authority such as:
- Chief Executive of Dundee City Council
- Service Managers from a variety of settings
- Social work
- Workforce Development
- ThroughCare AfterCare
- Elected representatives
- Third Sector
- Chair of the Child Protection Committee
- The Dundee Champions Board is a well-established forum that is called upon by professional bodies such as Children’s Hearings Scotland for input to their processes.
- Care leavers in Dundee are now exempt from paying council tax.