YPPG is held on Tuesday evenings from 5pm to 7pm in the Carolina House Trust Resource Room in the run up to each Champions Board. We host a growing membership of 12 to 18 year olds who are currently living in a variety of care placement settings.
Along with a Staff Support Group, the young people:
- learn practical skills
- build relationships
- celebrate achievements
- review their group action plan
- manage the group’s budget
- prepare and eat dinner together
- are working towards Dynamic Youth Awards
- enjoy activities during school holidays and attend CB related network and regional events.
Young people interested in attending should contact Natalie or Carrie in the first instance.
- Young people from this group have met with the Minister for Early Years and Childhood at a National Care Day Event. They have also participated in the recent National Care Review.
- Young people have been actively involved in recruitment of new Supervising Social Workers for Dundee and ensured that there was a focus on compassionate care – both asks from Champions Boards.
- Young people also identified the inequalities of Birthday and Christmas payments/budgets between residential and foster care within Dundee City Council. This has now been levelled to reflect equal payments regardless of placement type.